Last updated on 24 October, 2023 by Andy Rowe
1.The League shall comprise Ladies', Men's and Mixed Sections divided into divisions as
necessary. The composition of the divisions shall be decided each season at a General Meeting.
2. No club shall have more than three teams in the same division, subject to a maximum of 50% representation by that club.
3. Match dates must be finalised within 14 days of the Fixtures Meeting. A copy (draft at least) of each club's completed Fixture List must be received by the appropriate League Match Secretary before the first match or the date advised at the Fixtures Meeting whichever is the earlier. Failure to do so will result in a £5 fine per section.
4. Clubs with mutual agreement can rearrange a fixture up until 31st January. This must be confirmed in writing (within 7 days of agreement) by both clubs to the appropriate League Match Secretary to be effective. After 31st January, any fixtures must then be honoured unless Rule 5 applies.
5. a) All fixtures must be honoured unless prevented by unavailability of hall, extremely bad weather or Exeter and District Knockout matches actually on that date.
b) If a match is postponed the ‘home’ club must inform the appropriate League Match Secretary within seven days of the original match date.
c) Within seven days of the match being postponed the ‘home’ club must rearrange the fixture and both clubs must inform the appropriate League Match Secretary of the new date in writing (email accepted).
Failure to comply with this rule will lead to a £5 fine.
6. a) When a match is conceded both clubs must inform the appropriate League Match Secretary before the match was due to take place.
b) Failure to honour a fixture will result in the offending team:
(i) conceding the match 27 – 0 in Mixed and 18 – 0 in Men’s and Ladies
(ii) being fined £10
c) Failure to honour more than two fixtures will result in automatic withdrawal for that team for the remainder of the season and matches already played in that division will be declared null and void.
7. a) One 'home' and one 'away' match shall be played between all teams in a division each season.
b) Where two teams from the same club appear in the same division, these teams shal first play each other by 30thNovember and the return match/es must be played by 28thFebruary.
8.New teams, on application or after their first season, may be allocated by the Committee to a division other than the lowest.
9.In the case of a match left unfinished an explanation should be sent to the League Match Secretary with the match result.
10.Where the required number of pairs is not ready to play within fifteen minutes of the due start time, the defaulting team shall have two points deducted from their score in the league table if a written complaint is received by the Committee and upheld.
Where a team fails to provide even one pair ready to play within thirty minutes of the due start time, and where the defaulting team are unable to prove to the League Committee reasonable mitigating circumstances, that team shall forfeit the match, the points being awarded to the opposing team.
11. The ‘home‘ team shall be responsible for forwarding the match result.
a) The score sheet must be fully completed by both the ‘home’ and ‘away’ team. Failure to do so will result in two points being deducted from the home team’s score in the league table.
b) The score sheet must be received by the appropriate League Match Secretary within seven days of the fixture. Failure to do so will result in a £5 fine.
12.The 'home' teams in matches shall provide feathered shuttlecocks conforming to the rules in the Badminton England handbook.
13.League players must be registered before they play in a match. Registration forms must be received by the appropriate League Match Secretary before a match is played by any team from that club in the section. Additional players may be registered during the season.
14.Perpetual League trophies will be the club’s responsibility. Whilst in their possession any damage or loss will be paid for by that club. Tournament trophies presented will be the individual player’s responsibility. Whilst in their possession any damage or loss will bE paid for by that player. All trophies must be returned in good condition to a member of the League Committee by 15th March.
Failure to do so will result in a £10 fine per trophy.
15.The Committee shall have the power to suspend or expel any team or individual member of the League whose conduct, in their opinion, is detrimental to the interest of the League.
16.All disputes will be settled by the Committee.